Party’s platform focuses on restoring town services
With younger, fresh-faced candidates, members of the town’s Republican party are hoping 2015 is their year.
All but one race will be contested in November
The town’s political parties have finalized their endorsements for 2015, after making initial announcements earlier in the season.
Report completed on efficiency plan, help save funds
Local government officials recently announced the completion of an efficiency plan spanning throughout Albany County that proposes collaboration between local governments in order to both help taxpayers and save millions annually.
Proposal to hack number of seats voted down 21 to 18
The Albany County Legislature won’t be downsized any time soon.
This is the third in a series of Bethlehem Central School District Board of Education profiles.
This is the second in a series of Bethlehem Central School District Board of Education candidate profiles.
VanLuven in race for town board; county legislature nods pending
One week after the town’s Republican party announced its candidates for the upcoming 2015 elections, the Democratic party did the same, but the backing for some county legislature seats will have to wait.
Local law would prohibit disposal of hydraulic fracturing waste at landfills
Hydraulic fracturing is banned statewide, but county legislators want to ensure none of the waste produced from the natural gas extraction method enters local landfills.
Bethlehem GOP announces candidates
Surrounded by members of the town’s police force, the Bethlehem Republican Committee announced the majority of its candidates for the fall election last week.
Retailers support county bill to shield tobacco products; push back over compromise
Albany County Executive Dan McCoy and Legislator Mary Lou Connolly, flanked by supermarket and pharmacy store representatives, announced a local law prohibiting the display of tobacco in retail establishments with a pharmacy.
Reinhardt, Dawson and Miller also intended for Democratic ticket
Weeks after announcing he would not be seeking reelection to the Town Board, Jeffrey Kuhn has made known his intention to run for Albany County Legislature with three other Bethlehem Democrats.
Bethlehem GOP hopes for big wins during campaign season this year
As campaign season gets underway, the Bethlehem Republican Committee is looking to reach out to younger voters and regain a seat on the Town Board.
Court rules county plan diluted power of black voters, orders new minority-majority district
County officials are barred from holding elections until a new redistricting plan is drafted after a federal judge ruled the recent plan dilutes the power of black voters.
Former county legislator resigns from Bethlehem Democratic Committee
Howard Shafer is facing additional charges tied to him allegedly dumping soiled cat litter several times near two homes, and he reportedly resigned his political committee position.
Incumbants Clarkson and Dawson to run, Democrat fundraisers announced
With campaign season months away, town Democrats have already begun to fundraise and announce their intentions to run in the fall.
- Watch Cuomo's 2015 State of the State address
- State of the Fiscal Condition of Albany County [video]
- Proposed pet sellers and breeders local law
- NYS YMCAs to hold advocacy day at Capitol on May 7
- State Police arrest 59 protestors at Capitol 1 comment
- Telephonic 'town hall' on economic development set for Feb. 28
- Watch the NYSOS14 address; Cuomo transcript and presentation
- [STORIFY] Cuomo's 2014 State of the State
- New Scotland 2014 Adopted Budget
- 2014 Albany County Executive Budget
- Bethlehem Debate: Town Clerk, Town Justice, Highway Superintendent
- Bethlehem: Town Board
- Bethlehem Debate: Supervisor
- Bethlehem Primary Debate Highway Superintendant
- Bethlehem Primarary Debate - Town Justice
- NY2A Capitol Rally
- Bethlehem Town Board debate--Part 2
- Bethlehem Town Board debate--Part 1
- Touring the 'trains to nowhere'
- Bethlehem State of the Town